Unless you’ve been living under a rock lately, you’ll know that fashion designer Kate Spade committed suicide this past Tuesday. She was famous for her really cute handbags and other accessories. She was only 55 years old.
It was a shame to hear about her passing. It just goes to show that a person can have tons of money and still be unhappy. Money doesn’t buy happiness. Mental illness does not discriminate. It can hit anyone at any time.
Mental illness is real, people! It’s time we started recognizing the signs.
- extreme mood swings
- talking about being burden to others
- increasing the use of alcohol or drugs
- talking about being hopeless
- talking about having no reason to live
- talking about being trapped and in unbearable pain
What Can You Do?
- Ask–Talk to them.
- Be There
- Listen without judgement
- Help them connect–create a network of resources and individuals for support
- Follow up–continue to have contact with them
If you or someone you know is severely depressed and suicidal please contact
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
But you know who else can help? Jesus Christ!
He longs to have a relationship with you and loves you so very much!
True happiness, true peace really can only be found through Jesus Christ. He is our Provider, our Prince of Peace, our Savior and our God.
He understands our pain and longs to comfort us. He’s standing, arms outstretched, waiting and wanting us to run to Him.
Come to Jesus.